OF FINSBURY PARK SYNAGOGUE
Finsbury Park Synagogue was founded in 1884 at 20 Portland Road, Finsbury Park N4 and became a member of United Synagogue as Finsbury Park District Synagogue in 1934, when it moved to Princess Crescent, Finsbury Park N4. However, during the Second World War this building sustained some bomb damage. Eventually, in 1960, it moved to its present site at 220 Green Lanes N4 near Manor House.
Although still on the same site, it now occupies part of the ground floor of the front block of a housing development that was completed in September 2006, with the new Synagogue actually opening for services on 24th June 2006. There is seating for up to sixty people with a Mechitzah between the men and women worshippers. Entry to the Synagogue is step-free to allow easy access for wheelchair users. There is also a room where we have Kiddushim almost every week after Shabbat Services.